I live to travel. I travel to live.

World Map

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Preface









Hey everyone. I've never blogged before, and only gave in to trying it today. Lets see how this goes, and if I can keep it going enough to make it worth while.

Beginning in 9 days, I will spend nearly 7 months in Asia. I will divide my first month between Chendgu, China, Tibet and Nepal. Then beginning September 21, I will study the fall quarter near Nainital, India in the state of Uttaranchal (purple region near Nepal and China). After the quarter is over, on December 15, I will be backpacking alone through the Indian subcontinent. I want to see all the major cities, as well as trek in the Himalaya, go on a camel safari, and see wildlife in national parks. I will attempt to keep this blog updated on where I am, where I've been and how I am doing on my South Asian Journey.

Post a message on my message board, view some pics from my trip, and keep up to date on info on the locations I've been by visiting my website at

http://students.washington.edu/evanm/evanm.html

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Evan! The library is so sad and lonely without you.

Anonymous said...

I know where you are by the reflection in your glasses........Sienna,Italia.