I live to travel. I travel to live.

World Map

Monday, October 22, 2007

Breaking Paradise

I have other blogs to update when I get a chance. However I will probably be updating them in Seattle this week.

4 days ago I returned to my mountain paradise of Sonapani where I spent three montsh last year teaching english and learning Hindi and wehre I was planning on spending the next two months until after Christmas of this year.

3 days ago my paradise was broken because of a trivial-sounding problem. Laura and I broke up, which to put lightly I was not expecting. First I thought I would leave immediately, having no reason to stay. Then I thought I would stay a month or two after takling to the head of the NGO, a very respectable man, Madhavan-ji. But yesterday I freaked and snuck out of the resort so as to avoid the awkward confession that I was going home (its still for me an incredible sin of the lonely traveler to run home- which i dont really have anyway in a strict sense- when faced with a problem). I was caught leaving by my host family of course but instead of trying to talk me into staying again they were very supportive and I promised to return to them soon.

I feel very alone now, moreso than I've felt in a long time. I'm not sure what my next step is and I really have no idea why I'm going home. Lack of a better answer when I am searching for answers I guess.

I think Ill spend a cuople days with my parents, maybe see a couple friends who have moved to san francisco and then I dont know. Maybe hit the road and visit friends in Montana or DC or something. I dont want to work but I dont have much money. Im uncertain about everything.



Ill update the blog with the rest of my stories of trekking and visiting Sonapani soon btu this will be the last post from Asia for awhile. I bought a ticket an hour ago and I leave in 7 hours. I had to get out of Delhi even though I'm staying wtih a good friend here. Even he can't make Delhi tolerable. I love you all and I'll see you soon.

No comments: