I live to travel. I travel to live.

World Map

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Evan's Journey 2007-2008

Hey All!
I will be leaving the good ole' US of A in less than two weeks time now. Below is a map of my route.






I will fly into London and meet my friends Hala and Adam with who I traveled in India. Although a week of backpacking on the Isle of Man- where Adam calls home- won't be enough, Hala and I head back to London and onward toward the ancient and modern riches of Egypt.

After a month of living the good life with the help of Hala's friends and family in Alexandria and Cairo- and after a few side trips down the Nile and to the Sinai peninsula- I will trade the camels, heat and sand of the desert for the yaks, cold, and snow of the Himalaya.

Meeting my Dad in Kathmandu, Nepal we will take a short flight into Lukla and begin our three week trek to Mt. Everest. After my dad flies home mid October, I will return to where I studied last fall in the Indian Himalaya just over the western border with Nepal.

I will be teaching English and hopefully volunteering in other programs while there, on the road between the cities of Nainital and Almora, and hopefully will have time to visit some friends I made last year. As the new year comes, so does the end of my second visit to India.

Soon after celebrating the begginning of 2008, I will fly to Bangkok to begin the last leg of my journey with my girlfriend, Laura. We will travel overland making a loop from Thailand to Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos and back to Thailand.

If things go as planned, I should return to the US- with much fanfare- late March 2008. If not, who knows when. Malaysia is calling, as are Taiwan, Mongolia, Indonesia...

Coming soon:

Snapshot profiles of the characters accompanying me on my upcoming trip

AND

Buy shirts to help support my trip at http://www.evan.shirtcity.com/

I live to travel. I travel to live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a crush on obama?